Posted by : Unknown Friday, December 13, 2013


In our interview questions preparation series we are today providing you how to answer the most common question “Tell me about yourself”.
About the question: “Tell me about yourself” is probably the most common question and normally asked in the very beginning of the interview. One can create a very good impression if he or she can handle this question well. At the same time we would like to tell that a good preparation of this question can boost the confidence of the candidate.
A Great Opportunity to describe you: Most candidates find this question to be a particularly difficult one to answer. That is a misplaced view. This question offers an opportunity to describe yourself positively and focus the interview on your strengths.
How to Answer the Interview Question “Tell me about yourself”: This question can be answered very well with a little bit of preparation. The reply of this interview question is nothing but only a self introduction about you, which should be given in an effective manner.
Important points while giving the answer: While giving the answer try to cover the following points in your reply.
  • Start with a smile on your face and give details about Name, Place after greeting.
  • Tell about your educational details.
  • Tell about your previous experience/jobs/assignments (if any)
  • Then about your interests/hobbies.
  • Also how you will spend your time when you are free.
  • Tell about skills.
  • You can also tell about your family in very brief.
 Example of a good answer:
Well, good morning sir/madam, My name is xxx (name) from xxx (place).
I am pursuing my B. tech in the stream of computer science fromxxxCollege, with aggregate 76%. I have completed HSC from xxx with aggregate of 88% and SSC fromxxxHigh schoolwith aggregate 86%.
We are five in my family. My father is a private employee and my mother is a homemaker. I have two siblings. (BASED ONURFAMILY SITUATION) About my achievements, in my schooling I got certificate in singing level competition. In college I got NSS certificate which I participated as volunteer in my 1st year of engineering.
IF you have any achievements then place them in an order and tell them in brief e.g. I have presented so many Technical papers in and around my college, awarded and rewarded for those papers My strengths are hard worker, self-motivating and dedicated towards my work. And also I’m a good learner as well as teacher.
My hobbies are making crafts, painting, surfing net.
My short term goal to get placed in well reputed company.
My long term goal is to get placed in any MNC company and give my best to my Organization. As a fresher, I don’t have any working experience, but I will prove once the opportunity comes.
Why Interview Board asks this question? The interview board wants to see how the candidates handled themselves in an unstructured situation. They want to see how articulate they are, how confident they are and generally what type of impression they would make on the people with whom they come into contact on the job.
Exercise for visitors: visitors can submit their reply of the question “Tell me about yourself” and our expert will analyze and suggest you ways to improve.


Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Blog Archive

- Copyright © Seminar Sparkz Inc -- Powered by Semianr Sparkz Inc - Designed by Shaik Chand -